This new single-storey house and remodelling of the adjacent Victorian house is our take on the “£150k house”, on a strictly limited budget.
Its strong green agenda features:
- All timber construction
- Concrete-free foundations using screwed mini-piles
- Extensive green roof
- Air source heat pump feeding underfloor heating
- Whole-house ventilation with heat recovery
- Superinsulation to 0.1 W/m2K
- Code for Sustainable Homes Level 4 certified
The cladding is factory-finished stained larch from Osmo, and the windows are Schueco.
- Client:Private client
- Location:Brockley, London
- Status:Completed August 2016
- Photography:Simon Kennedy